Things I’m liking lately
– I am obsessed with the new Kind bars…the square ones. My favorite flavor is Maple Pumpkin Seed and I just bought some Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate to try out as well. I’m especially happy with these bars because I can read all of the ingredients and know what they are. It’s my new favorite afternoon snack and I look forward to eating them!
– I finally finished my Quaker packets of oatmeal and bought some plain, quick-cooking oats. Again, I can read everything on the label which has become very important to me lately. But instead of using water in my oatmeal, I’ve started using milk and oh man, what a difference. I will never go back to water again. The milk just adds some creaminess that can’t be beat and when I top it with some fruit, it’s the perfect breakfast.
– I’ve been having an apple and with some White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter as dessert post-dinner and it really hits the spot. Apple and peanut butter was a frequent snack in my household growing up and it always satisfies.
– I know this is totally cheesy, but I’m loving the Facebook “Looking Back” videos everyone is posting. Some of them really tough at the heartstrings. I remember reluctantly joining Facebook my senior year of college and how it was this whole unknown world. It really is amazing how the website has grown and what is has become.
– I am almost done with my my taxes and I can almost taste the refund!
– Peace out, football! It’s time for my favorite sports to begin: BASEBALL! Spring training is right around the corner and I can’t wait for the season to start.
– I booked a Rent the Runway appointment at their studio downtown. With two black tie optional weddings coming up in April and May, I thought it would be fun to check out some dresses in person. I’ll post a full review of my experience there after I go.
– Last weekend I went home to NJ and spent some time with my family and it was so nice. It was a great reminder of how lucky I am to now live to close to my family. Love it!
– Yesterday, I was power walking on the street and dropped my wallet. Three people yelled out to me and one of them handed me my wallet. So nice! Thank you, New Yorkers.
– And speaking of kind New Yorkers, on Friday, on a very packed subway, I was stuck in the middle of the car with no room to even stick my hand up to the ceiling. The man next to me offered his shoulder for me to hold on to and I went for it. It was a nice gesture and very helpful. Hooray kindness!
That’s what I’m liking lately. What’s been good for you?