Nice little Saturday…so far!
How’s everyone’s Saturday going so far? Mine is off to a pretty good start. After a relaxing night in Brooklyn with my sister, brother-in-law and their dog Charlie, I started today with a “to do” I am determined to complete.
– Organize and get rid of last moving box that is filled with random toiletries (yes, I know I moved December 1st): You know how toiletries just start to rack up? A sample here, a stocking stuffer there…it gets crazy. I weeded out items that were expired and items that I knew I would never use. A little spring cleaning in January!
– Start taxes: I’m still waiting on a few forms but it’s always good to get started with what you have. I have to file 3 states this year so wish me luck! I’ve been doing my taxes myself since 2007 because they are pretty straight forward. Let’s hope for another good year!
– Return a pair of jeans to Nordstrom Rack: A pair of pricey jeans that just don’t fit right now that I’m not in the dressing room anymore. They must go back.
– Get gold watch fixed: I dropped my favorite gold Fossil watch that I wear almost every day and cracked the face. Ugh! Hoping to get it fixed today.
– Pick up a prescription: Does anyone else feel like they are constantly doing this?
– Prep food for week: I am currently cooking up another Italian Wonder Pot and also roasting some zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes. Once I hit the farmer’s market and grocery store later today or tomorrow, I can make some other staples.
– Run 6 miles: I missed my running workout on Thursday because I have a little cold. I had hoped to run outside today but it is way too cold and snowing. Again. I will find myself on the treadmill yet again. Blah. Where is spring?
Enough with this “to do” list, here are some other random things to share…
I saw American Hustle last weekend and while I really do love all of the actors that were in the movie, it really did not live up to the hype for me. I thought the acting was great but I was kind of bored and it just didn’t blow me away. Maybe my expectations were too high since it’s been winning all these awards, but maybe I also don’t know anything!
What is wrong with Justin Bieber?
Any West Wing fans out there? On January 29th, the White House is having a virtual Big Block of Cheese Day. Mind blown. And now I really want to watch every West Wing episode ever.
I think that’s all I’ve got for now. Hope everyone is having a great day!
On a serious note, I have really been struggling with the fact that it feels like almost every day there is the report of another shooting in this country. Today’s shooting at a mall in Columbia, MD is another tragedy. Something must be done, something must change, we cannot continue going on like this.