Oh. Hey there. Remember me? I know, I know. It’s taken me a full week to write another post. I am the best blogger ever…
To add to my slackerness (is that even a word?), I’m not even going to write a full post. I instead give you a list.
1. I still haven’t run since the half marathon. I KNOW. The Jolly Fat Man Run on Saturday and I may keel over after a few miles.
2. I also haven’t worked out since CrossFit. I totally botched my SIDI for the week and let holiday parties take over my life. It’s a new week, with new chances to sweat.
3. I was a bad #Elf4Health at the end of last week. I now have a new elf for the next two weeks of challenges and I’m determined to do better this go around. Today’s challenge is to track how much water I drink. I can do this!
4. Last week I popped into Ann Taylor Loft with a friend while killing some time before dinner. I ended up buying a cute polka dot sweater (on sale!) but she didn’t get anything because she was looking for the Guiliana Rancic Breast Cancer Awareness Month necklace, and there were none to be found. Well, on Sunday, I was back at that same Ann Taylor Loft with a different friend and found the necklace (in fact, there were a few of them). It was on sale with an extra 40% off so I scooped it up for my friend – score! I love when these types of things happen.
5. I celebrated the 8th Annual London Girls Tea this past weekend. I studied abroad in London my junior year of college and became very close with three girls on the trip. We started a tradition of doing tea every Christmas together. I look forward to it every year and love that we have consistently kept it up each year. Our usual spot is The Willard and we spent an afternoon enjoying tea, hot chocolate and mini snacks. There is nothing better than sitting in The Willard, surrounded by holiday decorations, enjoying some tea with good friends. I hope the tradition lives on for years to come.
6. We also managed to fit in some delicious eating the rest of the weekend at Graffiato and Masa 14. Both were seriously good. The highlight of both meals was the drink I had at Graffiato with my dinner. It was called the D.C. Mule and was a refreshing concoction of vodka, grapefruit, ginger beer and lime. So good!
7. I have all of my holiday cards out and I’ve started to receive some and I love it. I love holiday cards, they are so festive and fun.
8. I got back on the vitamin kick this morning. My friend asked me if I took vitamins over the weekend and I said no. However, the more I thought about it, I realized that I do want to take vitamins so I picked some up this morning. I got gummy ones of course! I picked up two varieties – an adult daily and a calcium supplement. I know that my meals don’t cover all of my nutritional needs so it will be good to be back on the vitamin train.
9. I’ve been thinking about my workouts lately and I want to focus on doing more intense workouts for shorter periods of time. I’d really like to get back to doing more strength-training and HIIT (high intensity interval training) and less of a focus on logging long hours in the gym. I’m going to look up some good circuits from the blog world this week and get moving with some different workouts.
10. 16 days until Christmas!!
Like I said earlier, last week’s SIDI was a complete wash so I am starting anew this week. Our work hours have recently changed and I’m able to leave work an hour earlier, which opens up the possibility of taking classes that start at 5:45pm. It’s truly amazing!
Monday – Sculpt & Abs class, Step
Tuesday – Interval cardio, Body Pump
Wednesday – Spin
Thursday – Interval cardio, Body Pump
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Jolly Fat Man Run
Sunday – Some sort of workout, TBD
Have a great week everyone!