1. Was there a new New Girl on last night? My DVR has been acting up lately and totally didn’t record it last night. I mean I know there are other ways to watch it today (online, On Demand, etc.) but I was pretty bummed last night. I need my weekly Jess!
2. I ran on the treadmill last night and it was a good reminder of how much better it is to run outside. I’m not sure there is enough music and TV in the world to make me do anything more than 4 miles on a treadmill.
3. I made some MCM posters last night and can’t wait to wave them around on Sunday. I wish poster-making was part of my job.
4. I bought the Practical Paleo book that Tina has raved about and am working my way through it. I’m tempted to try the 30 day Squeaky Clean Paleo Challenge. Paleo seems to be all the rage right now in the fitness world – worth it?
5. Feeling charitable? I just donated to the Sean Reilly TBI Fund. I grew up with Sean and the fund is hosting an event in my hometown on November 10th but I’m unable to attend. Check out the site and learn more about traumatic brain injuries.
6. I’m feeling really old about Halloween this year. Usually I love dressing up but for some reason I’ve just lost my spunk for it. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of all my little cousins dressed up though. I think the best costume ever was when my cousin Alex was a blue crayon. He was SO FREAKIN’ ADORABLE.
7. My compression sleeves arrived in the mail last night and even though I did a short run, I put them to good use right away. I’m not sure if I wore them long enough or what but I’m not feeling too much different today. How long am I supposed to wear them? I’m going to wear them tonight and part of tomorrow to see if it will help my shin before my run tomorrow night. I’m hoping they will cure whatever is going on inside my shins!
8. I wore my new Adidas running top last night. So comfy. So soft. So sweaty.
9. I brought Honeystingers with me tonight for my gym workout because last time I did spin and Body Pump back to back, I felt kind of faint. I’m going to eat some in between the two classes to get a little nutrition in so I’m not STARVED when I eat dinner after 9pm.
10. The Today Show has a segment on this morning talking about Christmas gifts. My sister and I are notorious for figuring out what to get our parents SUPER early. I mean it’s almost November, we must discuss this immediately!
Monday’s workout: Rest
Monday’s meals highlight: Spicy shrimp wrap & tomato feta soup from Pret
Tuesday’s workout: 3.5 mile treadmill run + 45 minutes Zumba
Tuesday’s meals highlight: Crunch wrap from Pret