Seattle on my Mind, Part 2

Posted on July 19, 2012. Filed under: Uncategorized |

Where did I leave off? Oh right, all of my friends were heading to the airport to catch their red eyes and I was settling into my hotel room downtown.

View from my hotel room

Oh hey, Space Needle. Fancy seeing you here.

After I checked in, I wandered around downtown just taking in the scene and beautiful weather. I also caught an episode of Newsroom (I don’t have HBO at home) and enjoyed some room service in bed. Oh the hotel life 🙂

I was up bright and early on Tuesday and headed to Lola’s for breakfast. It’s a Tom Douglas restaurant and was highly recommended by multiple friends. I enjoyed such a delicious breakfast there and loved it so much!

Tom’s Big Breakfast – lamb, green beans, corn, onions and a poached egg with toast and yogurt. DELICIOUS!

Smashed potatoes on the side!

After breakfast I headed over to Dahlia’s Bakery for breakfast part two. I am not even a big fan of coconut creme pie but was told I had to try some from there and I had a little bite and oh man, it was delicious. Tom Douglas, you rock.

After all my delicious morning eating, I waited for the shuttle to the airport to catch my flight. I waited. And waited. And waited. The shuttle arrived 25 minutes late! I was then greeted by a HUGE airport security line and for the first time ever, I really thought I was going to miss my flight! I was like a little Mexican jumping bean in line and when I made it up to the ID check I asked the TSA agent if he thought I’d make my flight that was taking off in 15 minutes and he replied, “I don’t know.” Thanks, buddy. Of course, once I went through security I had to have an extra pat-down because I was wearing a long maxi dress and there were no female TSA agents available. I told them I don’t care if it was a man or not, I had a plane to catch!

The pat down finally happened and I was that person running through the airport like a chicken with my head cut off. I was the second to last passenger to board with 10 minutes before the flight was scheduled to take off. The last passenger (or passengers) were a young couple with a newborn. Needless to say, there were no seats together and the flight attendants asked people to move to accommodate this family. No one budged an inch. The man seated across the aisle from me turned to me and was like, let’s get this figured out. And so we did. I ended up in a middle seat in the center of the plane but that family was able to sit together. Good karma anyone?

The flight felt very long to me and was pretty bumpy but I landed in one piece back in Baltimore.

I finally made it to the grocery store last night and am getting back into a good routine after all this travel. I can’t wait to just relax this weekend. Seriously, I’m beyond excited for some QT in my apartment. Traveling is fun but it sure is exhausting!


P.S. The triathlon is in 3 weeks and I’m freaking out. More to come…

Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


    Two friends living and working in Washington, D.C. writing about life, food, fashion, design and living an active lifestyle…so, basically everything!


    Subscribe Via RSS

    • Subscribe with Bloglines
    • Add your feed to Newsburst from CNET
    • Subscribe in Google Reader
    • Add to My Yahoo!
    • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS


Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: