T is for Tuesday
It’s time for some Tuesday Things:
1. I watched 23 innings of baseball live this past weekend and it was awesome.
2. I discovered the Bike Valet at Nationals Park and holy crap it’s awesome. You just ride on it, park it in the designated area, fill out a tag and go on your way to the game. It’s free of charge and you don’t have to lock up your bike. Seriously, awesome! I got home from the game in record time on Friday night.
3. I need some simple, rubber flip flops for the pool. I’m thinking Old Navy.
4. I joined the YMCA last week and left my fancy gym that was 1 block from my apartment. I left for the big pool, I admit it 🙂 And I went swimming this morning for the first time there and it was great! The place is HUGE with 7 floors filled with a basketball court, squash courts, a climbing wall, etc. And it’s $20 cheaper a month than my old gym and there is no contract to sign (month to month right from the start). Needless to say I’m feeling pretty good about my change in facilities and am excited to continue exploring the Y.
5. I will cheer for the Nationals when they aren’t playing the Yankees but oh man, it sure was nice to see superstar Bryce Harper strike out 5 times on Saturday against Andy Petite. Bryce grew up a Yankees fan and wears #34 in honor of Mickey Mantle (3+4=7). Sorry, Bryce.
6. I am headed back to NJ this coming weekend for another wedding. It’s for my best friend and I am so excited to celebrate her marriage.
7. So like I said, I swam this morning and my training program called for 500 yards but I ended up doing 1000 meters and it felt really good. While I like following a training program sometimes I just need to do more or less than was it scheduled. I worked off a workout Meghann has posted a few days ago and made it my own.
8. I baked a chocolate cake last night with peanut butter frosting for a co-worker’s birthday. It took a lot of willpower not to eat all of the peanut butter frosting. So good!
9. I almost forgot! I ran a 5k on Saturday morning with a good friend who was in town for a wedding. We had so much fun! It was the Purplestride 5k and it benefited Pancreatic cancer research. There was a great showing and while most people were there to walk in teams there were still a good number of runners. It was a warm morning but we breezed through the race with a pace around 9:30. The funniest part was that neither of us brought a bag to check so we ended up just layering our newly acquired race shirts over what we had worn. It made for a hotter run for sure but worked out well. I also ran with my water bottle and think that I’m finally starting to get used to it. As I type this I realize I forgot to bring it for my run that I’m planning to do after work. Nice job, Stephanie.
10. Why is it so hard to clean my apartment at night but in the morning I am energized to do it?
That’s all for now!
Friday’s workout: 8 mile bike ride
Friday’s meals highlight: Hot dog at the stadium
Saturday’s workout: 4 mile run
Saturday’s meals highlight: Sausage at the stadium
Sunday’s workout: None (I missed my bike ride for the day)
Sunday’s meals highlight: Rack of lamb cooked by Grandma
Monday’s workout: Rest
Monday’s meals highlight: Curried tofu salad for dinner