I continued my taper (ha) week last night by going Christmas shopping and watching TV instead of cross-training. I’m sure my legs will thank me on Saturday. Like most people, I have a handful of shows I enjoy watching every week – Gossip Girl (guilty pleasure, it’s been 4 seasons, I can’t give up now), How I Met Your Mother, Glee, New Girl, L&O: SVU and the Thursday night NBC line-up. Ok, so maybe more than a handful. Lately, they’ve all been filling up my DVR (along with Chelsea Lately episodes that I can never stay up to watch live but she is so damn funny) because I keep getting caught up watching movies I’ve seen a million times before.
I know you all do it too. There are certain movies, that no matter how many times I’ve seen them, I still watch them over and over again. This is not the same list as my top 5 favorite movies, this is a list of movies I can’t escape whether I want to or not.
1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – I don’t know what it is with this movie but if it’s on, I watch it. I don’t even like Kate Hudson that much as an actress and everything about the movie is ridiculous, especially the magazine, but I will watch every moment. You’re so vain…
2. True Lies – Don’t even get me started on Arnold Schwarzenegger but something about this movie pulls me in EVERY TIME. I love the scene when Jamie Lee Curtis dropped the machine gun down the stairs, killing 20 people without even trying. This is Boris and Norris and we’re ON.
3. G.I. Jane – Ok, so this may actually be in my top 5 movies. I freakin’ LOVE this movie. I love Vigo Mortensen, I love Demi Moore, I love it all. Maybe one day I too will be able to do one-armed pushups. Don’t hold your breath.
4. The Fugitive – Harrison Ford!! Tommy Lee Jones!! “I didn’t kill my wife.” “I don’t care.”
5. Any chick flick with Jennifer Lopez (i.e. The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan, Enough, Selena, etc.) No explanation needed.
These are all great movies for a wintery Saturday afternoon and I’m looking forward to watching them all, again, for the 800th time.